Eileen Frances Dibble, 94, passed away peacefully in the loving care of family members Monday, July 12, 2010.
Eileen was born in Richfield Springs on Aug. 24, 1915, the daughter of the late Frank N. and Josephine Lawler Dibble. She was the youngest daughter in a family of six children.
Her career began in Akron, Ohio, after she completed her education at University Hospital.
In 1944, she joined the Anesthesia staff of Samaritan Hospital in Troy, where she remained until her retirement in 1977, after 33 years of dedicated service.
Upon her retirement she returned to her beloved Richfield, where she enjoyed gardening, fishing, travel and caring for others. Most of all, she loved the company of her large close-knit, loving family and her many friends.
Eileen, aka Dibbs or Ike, was known as a selfless, loving and compassionate person who quietly reached out to people in need. She delivered Meals on Wheels well into her 80s, changed hospital dressings, checked blood pressures and visited the homebound, bringing her wonderful smile and sense of humor to brighten another person’s day.
Eileen was a devoted member of St. Joseph’s parish, a member of its Altar Rosary Society and a trustee of the Parish.
Besides her parents, she was preceded in death by her brothers, James Bernard and Joseph Dibble; and her sisters, Pauline Letnow, Regina Clark, and Jeanette Smith; nephew, John (Pete) Clark; niece, Ann (Clark) Tsoupelis; and beloved friend, Marline Lander.
Eileen is survived by nephews, John Letnow, Peter Dibble, James Dibble James Smith; and nieces, JoAnn Buell, Marcia Wendth, Barbara DiVincenzo, Mary Chi, Terry Dibble; many great-nieces, great-nephews; and a host of wonderful friends. She was and will always be revered by those who loved her.
At Eileen’s request, there will be no calling hours.
A memorial Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday, July 24, 2010, at St. Joseph the Worker Church, Richfield Springs, with Father Terrance Healy, pastor officiating. Interment in St. Joseph’s Cemetery, Richfield Springs.
Published on  July 22, 2010